The conference evaluation is available! Please fill out the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6TRZ7D7 to provide feedback for the conference organizers.
If you presented at the conference (sessions, posters, etc.), you can send your presentation files, or a link to them, to firstname.lastname@example.org to have them archived on the SUNYLA website. They’ll be posted at www.sunyla.org/annual/2014/.
SUNYLA 2015 is at Purchase! Keep an eye on www.sunyla.org for further information towards the end of the year.
The following Thursday session has unfortunately been cancelled:
- Stone Soup: Build the Fire, Combine Ingredients, Taste, and Adjust – Thursday, 10:15-11:00.
The dorm provides linens, including a towel and facecloth. For comfort, you may wish to bring your own pillow and an extra summer weight blanket/throw.
Here are some last minute details/reminders for the conference next week:
Please bring your registration information with you
Registration hours in the Campus Center Lobby
- Monday 3:30pm – 6pm
- Tuesday 7:30am – 9:00am
- Wednesday 7:30 am – 4:40pm
- Thursday 7:30 am – 4:40pm
- Friday 7:30 – 10am
Dorm – Empire Commons
There will be a list of names of individuals staying at the dorm. You can check in at the dorm registration in the Empire Commons Community Building (8am – 8pm); late arrivals will need to call the number that is posted (someone will come and facilitate arrangements)
If you have a parking pass you need to park in Lot G
No pass? Go to the Visitors Lot – purchase onsite or online http://www.albany.edu/pmts/parking.php
After that you can see Carol Anne to purchase passes for the rest of your stay
Watch for the Empire Collaborations signage and don’t forget to check the Conference website.
If you have any questions over the weekend please email Wendy: email@example.com
The conference program for SUNYLA 2014/Empire Collaborations is now available! It can be accessed for viewing or download here:
The sign up for the dine arounds is available! For more information and to sign up, see http://www.sunyla.org/registration/2014/dine.php.
Registration closes May 24, 2014. Register at http://empire2014.org/registration/ before it’s too late!
NY3Rs/NYLA ASLSSection Academic Librarians 2014
University at Albany (Uptown Campus), June 9 – June 13
Registration Continues for Empire Collaborations (Academic Librarians 2014 & SUNYLA 2014)! Stay for a day or two, or stay for the week! Registration options abound!
To foster stronger academic library collaborations in New York State, the NY 3Rs Association, Inc., theAcademic and Special Libraries Section of the New York Library Association, and the State University of New York Librarians Association (SUNYLA) are co-hosting a joint conference. This weeklong extravaganza of learning and networking is scheduled for June 9 through June 13, 2014 at the University at Albany. Plans are underway and include some exciting guest speakers (including hint, hint Wicked, Barbara Stripling, Lee Rainie, Maureen Sullivan – and many others), a Thursday evening cruise along the scenic and historic Hudson River, a Friday Publishers Playhouse, and time to socialize and share ideas with your favorite colleagues (and new ones, too!).
Register and find information at http://empire2014.org. Deadline for Registration: May 24, 2014.
- Register as a NYLA Member or click on the New Customer-Register button. If you are a NYLA member and have your number, fantastic! If you are a NYLA member and do not have your member information handy or the time to retrieve it—or if you are not a NYLA member, click on the New Customer-Register button and continue the registration process.
- As you continue the process, you will soon reach the page with a drop down menu stating “Select Type.” If you work in a librarywithin New York State, there is a 99% likelihood that your “Type” is “Member,” i.e., your library is probably a NY 3Rs member, (directly or via your library or library system), so be sure to choose the Member Rate. Here is a map of the NY 3Rs: http://www.ny3rs.org/about/19-2/. If you are enrolled in an accredited library science program, choose the student rate.
Accommodation Reservation Tips:
- You are eligible for the hotel discount even if you are not a NYLA or NY 3Rs member.
- The hotel rooms are going fast and the blocks will soon be released, though the special rates will continue to apply, if you can find a room.
- To get the hotel discount, it is easiest to reserve your room(s) by phone. The code for the special rates is SUNYLA (you may have to tell them, SUNY-L-A!).
- The dorms are going to be a lot of fun and they have private baths. There are plenty of rooms available. You will find the dorm option as you click through the conference registration process. Dorm rooms are $50 per night.
If you have questions regarding your NY 3Rs status or other questions about the conference,feel free to contact Mary-Carol Lindbloom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to see you next month!
–the Empire Collaborations Planning Team
p.s. Please refer this announcement to your local distribution lists and your colleagues!
Planning on staying in a hotel while you attend the Empire Collaborations conference (SUNYLA 2014)?
If so, you should book your hotel room now. The conference hotels are only holding our blocks of rooms until the end of this week. After that, you will still be able to get our conference rates at the hotels we have listed but you will not be guaranteed a room.
Registration for Empire Collaborations is still open! To register for NYLA’s Academic Librarians Conference, SUNYLA 2014, or both, head over to registration page: http://empire2014.org/registration/.